Safety and Security
Let me start by saying that the safety of our participants is the primary factor
in our trip planning.
I was born and raised in Israel. As the father of two daughters and a new grandfather,
I understand the importance of taking proper precautions in the face of life's uncertainties.
I treat participants of Israel Way programs as I would members of my own family, visiting
only those places where I would feel comfortable taking my daughters. Under no circumstances
will I sanction entering any parts of the country that pose a risk to the security
of our participants and staff. As the leader in Jewish travel, I have pledged to
meet and exceed the highest security standards and strictest safety requirements
of any tour operator.
We at Israel Way take pride in the fact that we have provided safe and meaningful experiences
in Israel for thousands of teens, students and young professionals worldwide.
In addition, my entire team and I are Israelis. Many of us are native Israelis,
while others, inspired by their love for Israel, have embraced this land as their
home. Since we live here, day in, day out, we are especially sensitive to security
issues. Israel Way constantly reviews and updates all safety procedures and, by utilizing
state-of-the-art technology, implements the most stringent security measures throughout
the duration of every program.
We take the following precautions:
- Israel Way operates a 24-hour hotline for participants and parents.
- The group is accessible 24/7 by cellular phone.
- Every participant receives a card with contact numbers in case of an emergency.
- Medical Insurance is provided for participants while in Europe and Israel (Please
check our website for coverage details).
- Participants are under constant care and supervision of our trained, professional
staff; or our carefully chosen host families.
- Our programs are meticulously structured and include contingency planning so that
changes in the itinerary for security reasons can be carried out without hesitation.
While in Israel:
- We neither enter nor approach territories administered by the Palestinian Authority
or the Gaza Strip.
- An armed, medic accompanies the group at all times.
- No public transportation is utilized at any time during the program.
- Israel Way is provided with real-time security information from the Coordination Room
of the SPNI, which receives its data from the Military, Police and Security Authorities.
- All security arrangements meet or exceed the standards set by the Israeli Ministry
of Education for touring by Israeli students.
Rest assured that we at Israel Way consider the safety of our participants paramount.
Please feel free to contact me if you have specific security related questions or
concerns of any sort. I will be happy to personally take your call and address these
questions or concerns.